Local Memory is happy to announce the official launch of updates to site and its exhibits. We have added the following:
- A original drawing by famed Austin artist Kerry Awn
- The Forgotten Swing and Rhythm and Blues of Johnny Simmons
- Charlie Barnet’s “Weird Austin”
- Bessie Smith and the Dunbar Theater
- “Local Memory: Telling Austin’s Music History” on Not Even Past
Look out for new material in the future! We will continue to add new narratives and oral histories to this exhibit.
This project is supported in part by the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Austin Economic Development Department.